Thursday, October 27, 2011

Whoosh, Whoosh, Woosh

I had my 1st official appointment yesterday with my CNM.  She went over my blood work, which all came back great, and I found out my blood type is O+ so I won't need to get the RH- shot.  After going over my blood work and doing a breast exam, where she found a lump that I need to get checked via ultrasound next week, she said "Let's see if we can hear this little one's heart beat!  It's like looking for a needle in a haystack!"  She said that it might take a bit to find it, so she put the gel on the doppler wand, felt around for my uterus (which is now above my pubic bone!) put it on my stomach, moved it once and WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH - the best sound in the world!!!! The heart beat was so strong and perfect.  She said everything sounded good.  We could also hear Webby moving around because there was a lot of banging coming through the doppler.  It was great.  She said I have an active one in there and that it must be a girl because girls are always cooperative - we'll see if she is right!

I am scheduled for my NT scan on 11/3/11 - I can't wait to see Webby moving all around in there <3

No comments:

Post a Comment